Thank you for this recipe! As I don’t have orange eo on hand what I could substitute it with? I checked also the other recipe you posted a while ago – I have neem powder (not oil as you have used) how much would you recommend to use instead..
Recipes adapted from: wellnessmama.com
I used chamomile for this batch, but good choices include:
- rose petals – anti-inflammatory, astringent
- sunflower petals – conditions skin
- chamomile – soothes itchy skin
- violet leaf – calms and cools, lymph health
- dandelion – may help dry skin
- calendula – helpful for broken or damaged skin
- plantain – helpful for irritated or itchy skin
Sweet Orange & Frankincense Homemade Natural Deodorant Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon (abt 24 drops) sweet orange (Citrus sinensis) essential oil
- 4 to 6 drops frankincense (Boswellia carteri) essential oil
- 1 oz (28 g) shea butter
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 oz (28 g) beeswax
- 2 oz (57 g) coconut oil (*herbal-infused, if possible)
Directions to make:
- First, Place the shea butter, beeswax and coconut oil in a heatproof container or jar.
- Then, Set the jar down into a saucepan containing a few inches of water.
- Heat the pan over medium-low heat until everything is completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the baking soda, arrowroot powder and essential oils.
- Stir frequently while cooling to ensure a creamy texture.
- Spoon the finished deodorant in a jar.