thank you for sharing your recipe and tips. I’m curious to try this out. I was just wondering how this dates in the laundry – do you get grease/oil on your clothes and does it wash off ok? I’m a bit traumatised by almond oil ruined pregnancy clothes.
Recipes adapted from: etsy.com
- 5 drops Clove Essential Oil
- (if wanting to make this a different scent use 5-10 drops of the oil of your choice)
- 3 tbs Coconut Oil
- 2 tbs Arrowroot Powder
- 5 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 2 tbs Shea Butter
- 3 tbs Baking Soda (optional, it can cause sensitivity in some people)
- 1.First, Place a small glass jar (I like to use a half-pint Ball Jar) in the middle of a small pot of water on the stove.
- 2.Then, Bring the water to a simmer.
- Add coconut oil and shea butter to the jar and let melt.
- Turn off the heat, add baking soda and arrowroot powder and stir until completely smooth.
- Mix in the essential oils and pour the mixture into a 4 oz (120 mL) jar. Let cool.