You have officially converted me from buying deo at the store to making it myself FOREVER. This stuff is amazing. My only criticism is that if you use the whole jar to the end, it’s not as effective. So i just chuck the last tablespoon and make a new batch. Otherwise, I LOVE IT!! Thank you for posting this
Recipes adapted from: detoxinista.com
- 5 tbs unrefined organic coconut oil
- 20 drops of grapefruit essential oil (or another essential oil with antibacterial properties)
- 1/2 c baking soda (you can use less when starting out if it irritates you)
- 1/2 c arrowroot powder (you can also use cornstarch… but I prefer arrowroot powder)
- First, Mix baking soda and arrowroot together—I used my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.
- Then, Next add the coconut and essential oils and mix well.
- Pour into clean air-tight jar (Homemade deodorant will last 3-6 months in a airtight container.)
- Use a popsicle stick to get the deodorant out of the container and transfer to your finger. Make sure you use enough under your arms to keep you “sure” all day long. A pea-size amount is usually good. (For the past couple years, I stopped using the popsicle stick and actually just use my fingers and dip them in the jar. Easy, peasy.)