The deodorant recipe sounds good but i have read that baking soda can raise blood pressure, and also that anything in a white powder form could cause cancer. Wondering if there is an alternative
Recipes adapted from: frugalfarmwife.com
- 10 drops Vitamin E
- 15 drops tea tree oil
- 30 gr shea butter
- 1 tablespoon kaolin white clay
- 2 teaspoon of zinc oxide
- 30 gr sweet almond oil (first pressure)
- 15 gr beeswax (not rafined)
- 15 drops of another essential anti-bacterial oil (lavender, rosemary, grapefruit, lemon …)
- First, Clean and sterilize your equipment and deodorant container.
- Then, Melt the beeswax pellets on a low heat. Be careful not to boil the water so as not to damage the ingredients.
- Add the shea butter. Mix until the butter melts.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the sweet almond oil, white clay, zinc, Vitamin E and drops of essential oil.
- Mix vigorously, the preparation will gradually begin to become thicker. Pour at this point into the mold or deodorant stick.
- Let it harden for at least 2 hours.