Looks really yummy! Can I substitute real bacon bits for the crispy fried bacon? Thanks for this great recipe
Recipes adapted from: domesticsuperhero.com
- 2 jalapenos minced (reserve half)
- ½ cup chopped green onions (reserve half)
- 2 boxes (8 ounces) cream cheese slightly softened
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (reserve ½ cup)
- 10 slices crispy cooked bacon chopped (reserve half)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- First, Using a stand or hand mixer on medium speed beat your cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper until smooth and creamy. Turn to low and mix in 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, half of the chopped bacon, half of the minced jalapeno, and half of the chopped green onions. Combine your reserved cheddar, bacon, jalapenos and green onions in a small zipper storage bag and store in the refrigerator.
- Then, Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap on a counter top. Spoon the cheese into a ball shape and bring up the sides of the plastic wrap to cover the cheese ball. Utilize the wrapping process to help shape the cheese into a ball. Refrigerate the cheese ball overnight.
- Remove the cheese ball about 20 minutes prior to serving. Spread your reserved cheddar, bacon, jalapenos and green onions on a cutting board or large plate. Unwrap the ball and roll in the reserved toppings.