Any suggestions for a mango butter substitute? I live overseas and its the only thing thats hard to get ahold of (I tried the Body Shop Mango butter out of desperation, but I don’t think thats what you were suggesting, ha!)
Recipes adapted from: ablossominglife.com
- 10 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil or Rosemary Essential Oil
- 10 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2-3/4 tsp Vitamin E Oil
- 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder or Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Mango Butter grated
- 1 Tbsp Beeswax Pellets
- First, Combine coconut oil, mango butter and beeswax in a small glass or metal container. I make mine in small Mason jars that hold 4 ounces.
- Then, Place the container in a small saucepan of simmering water to make a fake double boiler. The water should only be half way up the side of your container. Do not get any water into the container.
- Watch the mixture carefully and remove from the heat as soon as the beeswax is melted. Use a wooden craft stick or popscicle stick to stir.
- Stir in the Vitamin E oil and cornstarch or arrowroot powder until smooth. Remove the sauce pan from the stove but leave the container in the hot water to make the mixing easier. (This keeps the wax hot and melted.)
- Once the mixture is smooth stir in your essential oils.
- Pour into storage container (you can also use an old deodorant container). Allow the deodorant to cool completely.
- Attach a free printable label, if desired.
- To use apply 1/4-1/2 tsp and rub into each underarm.