I just made this for the first time. First time making anything really. I have a couple of questions, Do you use the cocoa butter that smells like chocolate? And how in the world do you get it off the bowl when you are finished? I can’t get it off to save my life.
Recipes adapted from: modernhippiehw.com
- 2/3 cup beeswax*
- Optional: 5-10 drops essential oil for scent
- 2 tablespoons bentonite clay powder
- 1/3 cup jojoba oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter – or shea butter
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- First, Mix together the bentonite clay and arrowroot powder in a bowl.
- Then, In a small pot over low heat on the stove, melt together the jojoba oil, cocoa (or shea) butter, and beeswax. As soon as the beeswax is melted, pull from the heat.
- Pour the melted mixture into the bentonite clay and arrowroot powder. Add essential oils if desired.
- Stir, working quickly before the mixture hardens.
- Pour the deodorant bar mixture into molds. Muffin tins or soap molds work great.
- Set the molds aside to let them set until no longer liquid. Then, move to the fridge to completely solidify for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the bars from the molds and store in the fridge in a container.
- For use: Simply the deodorant bar on your armpit like you would a deodorant stick and place back into the fridge.