This does look so easy, and I love that there is no baking soda in there!!
Recipes adapted from: kitchenstewardship.com
- 4oz+ jar or tin (see Pronounce containers). We also carry gorgeous black and white deodorant tubes in the shop that would be perfect for this!
- Double-boiler (I make my own with a glass bowl over a pot)
- Kitchen scale (like THIS; BTW having a scale is a great investment in your kitchen and I use mine almost everyday)
- 30g Coconut oil (my very favorite hand-pressed coconut oil)
- 20g Shea butter (this is a great shea butter)
- 10g Carrier Oil (I like almond oil like THIS, but you could use many oils that are liquid at room temperature… THIS is an excellent guide for carrier oils!!!)
- 10g Beeswax (like this certified organic beeswax)
- 15g Arrowroot powder (super smooth arrowroot, like this)
- 15g Diatomaceous Earth – Food Grade! (aka food grade, like THIS)
- 5 drops of Vitamin E (this is a great vitamin E oil)
- 20-25 drops of essential oils (aka EOs, which are totally optional, but I love them… like THESE oils)
- First, Mix, mix, mix it all together before pouring your new deodorant recipe.Here I am pouring a batch of our original recipe DIY deodorant. Make it yourself, or purchase it in the Pronounce Skincare shop.
- Then, Measure oils, shea butter, and beeswax into the upper part of your double-boiler (for me, this is a glass bowl)
- Melt on low heat over bottom part of double-boiler (for me, a pot with shallow water) until everything is melted (the beeswax will be the last thing to melt, just keep stirring)
- Turn off heat and allow to cool for a few minutes
- Add arrowroot, DE, Vitamin E, and essential oils; whisk vigorously to fully combine
- Pour into container
- Place somewhere safe so it can set up (which actually doesn’t take very long)