I can only find milk chocolate toffee bits. Do you think those would work or would it compete with the butterscotch flavor? I also wondered about adding chopped pecans.
Recipes adapted from: tasteofhome.com
- 2/3 cup butterscotch chips finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- First, In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- Then, In a large bowl, cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, stirring to combine.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and toffee bits.
- Place dough on top of a sheet of plastic wrap. Form the dough into a log about 2.5 – 3 inches in diameter. Wrap the log with the plastic wrap and refrigerate dough roll for 1 to 2 hours or until nice and firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove plastic wrap from rolls and cut into ¼ inch slices. Place slices about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.